Hongdong Li, Associate Professor (tenure track), School of Computer Science and Engineering, Central South University. He received the Bachelor (Pharmaceutical Engineering) and PhD (Analytical Chemistry) degree from College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Central South University, Changsha, P.R. China in 2007 and 2012, respectively. He visited Oulu University, Finland in 2010. From Aug. 2012 to May 2015, he worked in University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, as a postdoc in computational medicine. Then he joined Institute for Systems Biology (Seattle) as a Research Scientist studying systems biology of diseases. So far, he has published over 60 SCI indexed papers in decent journals including Alzheimer's Dementia, Trends in Genetics, Brief Bioinform, PLOS Comput Biol, Bioinformatics, IEEE ACM T Comput Bi, J. Proteome Res, Proteomics, Nat. Genet (co-author), Nat. Commu (co-author), Chemom. Intell. Lab. Syst. According to Google Scholar, his publications have received over 3800 citations with H-index=29. The maximum citation number of a single paper is over 660. One paper was selected into the ESI 1% collection. He co-authored a monograph in English (CRC Press, USA) and wrote two book chapters. In 2014, he won the Young Investigator Award in the World Congress on Human Proteome (Madrid, Spain). As PI, He was awarded a National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) grant (for young scholars). As co-I, he participated in an NSFC regional grant. He also joined several other NSFC grants.
• PhD, Analytical Chemistry, 2012, Central South University, Changsha, China.
• BSc, Pharmaceutical Engineering, 2007, Central South University, Changsha, China.
• Jun. 2018, Visiting scholar, Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, United States
• Jun. 2018, Visiting scholar, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States.
• Jul. 2017, Visiting scholar, Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, United States
• Dec. 2016~present, Associate Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering, Central South University, China.
• May. 2015~Oct. 2016, Research Scientist, Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, United States.
• Aug. 2015, training course of Systems Biology of Diseases, Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, United States.
• Jul. 2012~May. 2015, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in computational medicine and functional genomics, Department of Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States.
• Nov. 2010~Apr. 2011, Visiting Research Scientist, University of Oulu, Finland.
HONORS & AWARDS
• Travel stipend for the US Human Proteome Organization Conference, Tempe, 2015 ($300.00).
• Winning Poster in The 13th Human Proteome Organization World Conference，Madrid, Spain, 2014.
• The 13th Human Proteome Organization World Conference, AB SCIEX C-HPP Young Investigator Award, Madrid, Spain, 2014.
• The outstanding paper award for the young fellow in the 26th annual chemistry conference in China, Nankai University, Tianjin City, 2008.